Food is an act of survival, but it serves a number of other purposes. Besides being indispensable to life, it’s one of the main social and human acts. Adopting a healthy diet isn’t synonymous with tasteless dishes or routine meals. When talking about healthy eating habits, variety should be a rule.
As we don’t always make the best choices, Vanessa Alfaro offers some delicious suggestions so you can cook for your family in a healthy way without removing the unique flavor of your cooking.
QUINOA AND SPEARMINT SALAD
- Purple letuce
- Green Letuce
- Purple onion
- Olive oil
- Wash the quinoa very well;
- 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water. Cover the pan, reduce the heat and let it cook for about 15 minutes;
- Remove all the water excess;
- Let the cooked quinoa rest for 15 minutes. Letting it dry completely will make it lighter and softer;
- In a salad bowl add all the ingredients and season with olive oil and vinegar.
Quinoa has one bitter coating on the seed that needs to be washed. It should not be overcooked, and it must be used only with the required water.
FRESH CHEESE WITH PEANUT BUTTER AND CINNAMON
- 1 fresh cheese
- 1 dessert spoon of peanut butter
A great snack to eat before bedtime.
Peannut butter is a food product resulting from the milling of dry roasted peanuts, which results in a natural and easy to spread cream. There are plenty of benefits in this food, such as the high vitamin D content and healthy fats that help to regulate the cholesterol levels in your body.
Follow Vanessa Alfaro’s delicious and easy-to-prepare suggestions. You will feel better eating healthy and the time spent in your kitchen will be even tastier!